Windwalker PvE: Talents
Tier 1 (level 15)
- Chi Burst (1s cast, 30s cooldown) – Casts a ball of Chi that damages enemies and heals allies in a 40y line.
- Eye of the Tiger (Passive) – Applies a debuff to the target that damages the enemy and heals the caster over 8s.
- Chi Wave (Instant, 15s cooldown) – Bounces a wave of Chi alternating between an enemy and friendly, including the caster, up to 7 bounces.
Recommendation: Chi Wave for single target, Chi Burst does more damage for multi target, but most people choose to stick with the ease of Chi Wave for a free cast with half the CD to help keep up Mastery. Use Eye of the Tiger if you do not have enough downtime to use Chi Wave on cooldown and are comfortable without another ability to keep up Mastery, which can happen with the Tier 21 2pc bonus, Serenity and The Emperor’s Capacitor.
Tier 2 (level 30)
- Chi Torpedo (Passive) – Turns Roll into a torpedo, travelling slightly farther, also gains a buff that increases movement speed by 30% for 10s, stacking up to two times.
- Tiger’s Lust ( Instant, 30s cooldown) – Increases the target’s movement speed by 70% for 6s, removing all roots and snares.
- Celerity (Passive) – Reduces Roll’s cooldown by 5s and increases its charges from 2 to 3.
Recommendation: Chi Torpedo is good for prolonged movement, such as kiting. Celerity works for short bursts of movement. Tiger’s Lust will be used in most situations because it is not linked to other skills like Roll.
Tier 3 (level 45)
- Ascension (Passive) – Increases energy regeneration by 10% and maximum Chi from 5 to 6.
- Energizing Elixir (Instant, 1 min cooldown.) – Fills energy and Chi to cap instantly.
- Power Strikes (Passive) – Every 15s the next Tiger Palm will generate an additional Chi.
Recommendation: Ascension can be used if you have t21 2-piece bonus, Serenity, The Emperor’s Capacitor and The Wind Blows. Energizing Elixir any other time; it provides more Chi and Energy than the other options, and being able to use it on demand increases its efficacy. Power Strikes is close behind on single target and can be used on single target if you’re not comfortable using Energizing Elixir, however the maximum benefit of Power Strikes is well behind Energizing Elixir. For information about how to use Energizing Elixir, check out the EE Guide.
Tier 4 (level 60)
- Ring of Peace (Instant, 45s cooldown) – Form a Ring of Peace at the target location for 8 sec. Enemies that enter will be ejected from the Ring.
- Summon Black Ox Statue (Instant, 10s cooldown) – Summons a Black Ox Statue at the target location for 15 min, pulsing threat to all enemies within 30 yards. You may cast Provoke on the statue to taunt all enemies near the statue.
- Leg Sweep (Instant, 45s cooldown) – Knocks down all enemies within 5 yards, stunning them for 5s.
Recommendation: Leg Sweep will be the default for almost all situations. Summon Black Ox Statue can be used to group enemies up, should a grip not be available. Ring of Peace can be used to knockback enemies that need to be kept from a certain location.
Tier 5 (level 75)
- Dampen Harm (Instant, 90s cooldown) – Reduces all damage you take by 20% to 50% for 10 sec, with larger attacks being reduced by more.
- Diffuse Magic (Instant, 90s cooldown) – Reduces incoming magic damage by 60% for 6 seconds and removes harmful magic effects.
- Healing Elixirs (Instant, 2 Charges, 30s recharge) – Heal yourself for 15% of your maximum health. Will trigger automatically if your health drops below 35% and a charge is available.
Tier 6 (level 90)
- Rushing Jade Wind (Instant, 6s cooldown) – Damage all enemies in 8 yards around the caster. Applies Mark of the Crane to up to 2 nearby targets.
- Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger (Instant, 3min cooldown) – Summons a white tiger for 45s that attacks your primary target and attacks 3 nearby enemies every 1s with lightning.
- Hit Combo (Stacking Passive) – Adds a stacking buff that increases damage by 2% for every ability that is not a repeat of the previous ability. Stacks up to 6 times. (Spotlight)
Recommendation: Rushing Jade Wind can be used when there are consistently 5 or more targets when using Serenity or many more targets with Storm, Earth, and Fire to cut down on AOE ramp up time, but this is almost never a reality. Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger is useful for very high priority burst that lines up with its uptime and cooldown, but the window is very small. Because of the very specific circumstances that make the others useful, Hit Combo will be best for 99.999% of the time.
Tier 7 (level 100)
- Chi Orbit (Passive) – Summons a Chi orb every 5s that spins around the caster, up to a maximum of 4 orbs. When an orb impacts with an enemy it deals damage to all nearby enemies.
- Whirling Dragon Punch (Instant, 24s cooldown) – Deals damage to all nearby enemies. Only usable when Fists of Fury and Rising Sun Kick are on cooldown.
- Serenity (Instant, 90s cooldown) – Replaces Storm, Earth, and Fire; Deals 40% increased damage and reduces the Chi cost of all spells to 0 and their cooldowns by 50%. Lasts for 8s.
Recommendation: Serenity and Whirling Dragon Punch are very close in a vacuum. However, the general design of Antorus favors Whirling Dragon Punch, so many people are preferring to use that over Serenity. Chi Orbit if you want to be lazy, although it technically has a use at very very very high target AOE.