Welcome to PeakofSerenity’s Mistweaver Monk PvE Kyrian Guide. This guide is designed to be a more in-depth look at the Kyrian Covenant. Navigate quickly to the section you need using the sidebar on the right.
For information on how the Covenants compare to each other, see the PvE Quick Guide.
This guide has been updated for Patch 9.2 and is regularly updated when discussion, theorycrafting, or testing yields new information.
This covenant provides Weapons of Order, which is an ability that grants a 30 second buff and resets Essence Font’s cooldown upon use. This buff increases our mastery by 10% for its duration. Additionally, at the start and end of Essence Font’s channel, you emit a pulse of healing in a 15 yard radius. The mastery buff is a flat amount and follows scaling rules; so, for us, it actually provides a flat 42%. As this is a percentage amount and not Mastery rating, it does not contribute to the diminishing returns effect in stats that Blizzard has added in Shadowlands. The pulse of healing is capped at 6 targets and does about ⅓ of a Vivify cleave. Effectively, we get 12 vivifies if we hit Essence Font nearly on cooldown within the buff window. Weapons of Order has a 2 minute cooldown and costs 5% of your mana.
Kyrian also grants the ability Summon Steward, which (as you guessed) allows you to summon a steward which can do a few things; the only one we really care about from a numerical standpoint is Phial of Serenity. This phial has 3 charges (similar to a Healthstone), and upon use, heals 20% HP and removes all diseases, poisons, curses, and bleeds; it has recently been patched to no longer put your other potions on cooldown, which is a nice QoL buff to this effect. It can be used once per encounter, on a three minute cooldown. It also allows you to change your talents (out of combat, on a 4 hour cooldown) and vendor stuff (on a 1 hour cooldown).
- Overall: Good.
- Raiding: Good. This provides a large amount of mastery which allow us to amp up revival and chi-ji while also providing a solid Intellect increase.
- Mythic+: Amazing. Strong for single target, chi-ji or revival healing.
- Defense: Pretty alright. Flat 3% magic dr is very powerful in raids as most damage you’ll take in raid is magic.
- Utility: Pretty meh. Allows you to get your services back faster.
- Overall: Pretty good.
- Raiding: Amazing. Decent throughput to both DPS and HPS from the % Crit increase.
- Mythic+: Pretty alright. Decent throughput to both DPS and HPS from the % Crit increase.
- Defense: Very nice. Provides you with a shield when you start the fight and in between trash packs as well as helping allies.
- Utility: Boosting ally hp before a bit hit is great.
- Overall: Meh.
- Raiding: Situational. On any fight with a large amount of adds this might be powerful due to the CDR it can provide.
- Mythic+: Strong. The CDR it provides along with the Call to Arms legendary will allow you to have Chi-ji much more.
- Defense: Meh. A shield on fall is nice but doesn’t happen often.
- Utility: Alright if you get stunned a lot.
Changes with Covenant
If you’re taking Chi-ji you will want to use this before hand or if you’re not use it right before damage goes out.
Chi-ji is more viable.