Welcome to PeakofSerenity’s Mistweaver Monk PvE Necrolord Guide. This guide is designed to be a more in-depth look at the Necrolord Covenant. Navigate quickly to the section you need using the sidebar on the right.
For information on how the Covenants compare to each other, see the PvE Quick Guide.
This guide has been updated for Patch 9.1 and is regularly updated when discussion, theorycrafting, or testing yields new information.
Necrolords provide Bonedust Brew, allowing you to throw a brew on the ground, applying a buff/debuff to any allies and/or enemies within the brew’s radius for 10 seconds. Any target with this effect has a 50% chance to receive any healing or damage event again, but at 35% effectiveness. There is also the Mistweaver-specific effect, which is a flat increase to Gusts of Mists to anyone with the buff. The rough breakdown: we get about a 17.5% increase in throughput from the duplication chance, and about 2 main target Vivifies (without mastery) worth of healing (~200% SP) from the secondary effect over a single use’s duration. This ability has a 1 minute cooldown.
They also provide everyone within the covenant the ability Fleshcraft, which lets you channel for 4 seconds to gain an absorb shield between 20-40% of your HP (depending on how many corpses are near your body) which lasts 2 minutes while also reducing all damage you take by 20% while channeling. In a raid fight, you can expect a 20% shield, while in M+, you can use it right after a pack for a larger shield. The rough breakdown is 10-25% of your HP a minute, but as a Mistweaver we’re already quite tanky with good defensives, so you don’t really need it.
- Overall: Meh.
- Raiding: Upsetting. Almost provides nothing.
- Mythic+: Alright if you can abuse the buffs meh other wise.
- Defense: Pretty good. Multiple shields that happens at different points is nice.
- Utility: Pretty good. Free armor durability.
- Overall: Really good.
- Raiding: Amazing a free 13% Intellect on demand that also boosts allies DPS/HPS is great.
- Mythic+: Not as amazing but still really good for the same reason.
- Defense: Pretty decent. Helps if gravity and you are not friends while also helping if you take a large hit from max hp.
- Utility: Basically not a factor.
- Overall: Nice.
- Raiding: Nice. 3% passive Intellect is really strong.
- Mythic+: Nice. 3% passive Intellect is really strong and you get more shields.
- Defense: Pretty nice. Cuts down on Fleshcrafts cooldown a good bit in keys.
- Utility: Cool I guess… You move a little faster.
Changes with Covenant
Throw this right before damage hit for healing or on a mob whenever to do more DPS.