As always, things on this page are subject to updates as we discover new things or things change.
These mean we do more ST damage, nothing else changes.
There aren’t any other functional changes. Many Embellishments received changes, so see below for that that means. Talents stay the same for now.
What To Do
We have two pretty much equal options here: double Shadowflame-Tempered Armor Patch, or Slimy Expulsion Boots with a Toxified Armor Patch. They are simming essentially identically, with at most ~0.2% difference between them in any given situation. Which path you choose may end up depending on which one is easier or cheaper to get (we’ll see how rare the recipe drop is for Shadowflame), whether or not you have the Eranog ring (may give boots a slight edge if not), or just personal preference.
If you want to go the Shadowflame route: You’ll simply craft Shadowflame-Tempered Armor Patch onto any two pieces. A good first one is on the chest slot because of its high stat budget and the tier chest’s mediocre stats. The second can be wherever, bracers or belt are easy choices.
1. Shadowflame-Tempered Armor Patch on Chest
2. Shadowflame-Tempered Armor Patch on another slot, like Bracers or Belt
3. Any free slot with Alchemical Flavor Pocket (does not count towards the 2 embellishment limit)
If you want to go the Toxic route: You should craft a Season 1 item with Toxified Armor Patch ASAP before/
2. Season 2 item with Toxified Armor Patch on another slot, like Bracers or Belt
3. Season 2 item with Alchemical Flavor Pocket (does not count towards the 2 embellishment limit)
As always, sim yourself to see exact numbers for your own character.
- The tier from Aberrus is strong enough to use.
- If you have the 2pc tier bonus then Rising Sun Kick gets used on CD in all scenarios and Spinning Crane Kick is only used if you have (1) Dance of Chi-Ji, (2) Bonedust Brew, or (3) nothing else to press and need something to continue mastery, then it’s used normally.
- You may want to use the new 2pc with the old 2pc for a bit, sim your options to know for sure.
- This is not strictly tier related and more of a consequence as our item level improves, but we’re now generally going to hold Serenity to sync up with Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger unless the remaining time in the fight means you will get an extra cast of Serenity by not waiting.
- TL;DR: Djaruun, Pillar of the Elder Flame (Mythic) > Forgestorm + Bile-Stained Crawg Tusks > Dual Wielding Regular Weapons > 2 Handed Weapons
- Generally, dual wielding is still better than 2 handed weapons.
- However, there is a now a special case: Djaruun, Pillar of the Elder Flame. At a mythic item level, this will beat all other available options.
- The next best thing would be dual wielding the max item level version of Forgestorm alongside Bile-Stained Crawg Tusks.
- After that, normal 1 handed weapons still beat out 2 handers.
- For any more specific situations, like item level differences or heroic Djaruun, Pillar of the Elder Flame, you will need to sim. As always, the best way to tell what is best for your character is to use Raidbot’s Top Gear Tool for the most specific and accurate results.
Eranog and Annulet
- Ideally you will use Onyx Annulet with Freezing Ice Stone (for raiding) or Storm Infused Stone (for M+), Prophetic Twilight Stone, and Desirous Blood Stone. Without changes you’ll use this the whole tier.
- Same goes for Seal of Diurna’s Chosen if you have it at the Mythic level as the tier bonus and Enchant Weapon – Shadowflame Wreathe will proc it. If you don’t have it at the Mythic level then you’ll just have to sim your options.
- Our best trinkets for all content seem to be coming from raid: Bomb Dispenser and Beacon to the Beyond.
- Another runner up from dungeons is Horn.
- Deviously Deviled Eggs may be a cheaper alternative for the best Agility buff.
- Enchant Weapon – Shadowflame Wreathe should be used for more ST damage, Enchant Weapon – Sophic Devotion for more AOE damage.
- Shadowed Belt Clasp is new, use it.