Here’s what you need to know for playing a Windwalker in 10.0.7:
- You can now play as a Lightforged Draenei, Worgen, or Goblin Monk.
- Inner Peace’s maximum Energy Bonus increased to 30 (was 10).
- Inner Peace now also increases Tiger Palm damage by 10%.
- Rising Star now increases Rising Sun Kick damage by 3/6% (was 5/10%) and critical strike damage by 6/12%.
- Faeline Harmony’s damage and healing bonus increased to 10% (was 8%).
- New Talent: Skytouch – Tiger Palm applies an effect which increases your critical strike chance by 50% for 6 seconds on the target. This effect cannot be applied more than once every 1 minute per target.
- Developers’ note: This has been added as a choice node on Skyreach for players that still want the benefit additional critical strike benefit but do not want to dash to their target.
I don’t know why you’d play anything but Pandaren, but the option is there.
Windwalkers will do a little more damage in Single Target and you can now keep the crit buff from Skyreach without needing to worry about the charge if you’re on a fight where it will cause problems.
No other talent or rotational tweaks come from the other above changes.
Onyx Annulet & Primordial Stones
This is a new ring added in 10.0.7 that allows you to add up to 3 Primordial Stones to it. You can check out more information on Wowhead’s guide: here.
For Windwalkers, the ring is generally very strong in all situations. You’ll pretty much want to pair Onyx Annulet with Seal of Diurna’s Chosen (using Flaring Cowl to proc that).
As a general recommendation use Freezing Ice Stone, Prophetic Twilight Stone, and Desirous Blood Stone.
This is the best simming combination for single target. For dungeons, you may want to replace Freezing Ice Stone with either Pestilent Plague Stone or Storm Infused Stone.
- It’s looking like an, at most, ~1% overall dps difference between the “best” dungeon setup and just running the single target stones in dungeons, so up to you if that matters. (And a wider gap if you run dungeon stones in single target, so if you just want one build, do the single target one).
- Pestilent Plague Stone is slightly below Storm Infused Stone in some sims and ahead in others, but it procs Resonant Fists in a way that sims may not be fully reflecting, so it’s probably the real winner.
- Storm Infused Stone is also known to ninja pull in dungeons sometimes, so watch out.
- Echoing Thunder Stone is oversimming by a lot, so don’t trust that one in sims for now.
- If you do want separate setups, you can get a 2nd ring at the vendor for portability.
- The effects of the stones scale based on your ring’s overall item level, not the item level of the individual stone itself, so upgrading Prophetic Twilight Stone, for example, does actually increase the overall damage of the ring.
- The families at the vendor for each are: Frost (Freezing Ice Stone), Shadow (Prophetic Twilight Stone), Necromantic (Desirous Blood Stone), Nature (Pestilent Plague Stone), and Nature (Storm Infused Stone).
That’s it, upgrade your ring and stones as fast and far as you can, keep playing the way you have been.
There’s a typo in faeline harmony. It got buffed to 12%.
weirdly enough it does say 12% in game meanwhile the blue post still says 10%. same with rising sun kick ability. says 8-16% for crit damage
Simming the Ring with Humming Arcane Stone, Freezing Ice Stone and Echoing Thunder Stone shows me an increase of +3000DPS, while your suggestion (Obscure Pastel Stone) sims only for an +800 DPS increase.
The patch isn’t live in Europe yet so I don’t know, if I’m even able to use this gem combination, but if I can, why should I go with Obscure Pastel Stone?
In the survival guide he says to use: Humming Arcane Stone, Freezing Ice Stone, and Desirous Blood Stone… there is no Obscure Pastel Stone mentioned.
Its changed now, the page has been getting updated as new things change.
Why pandaren or is that sarcasm?
What is the magic damage that will cause Humming Arcane Stone to procc (apart from Flaring Cowl)? Resonant fists?
Resonant Fists, Chi Wave/Burst, Eye of the Tiger, and a bunch more. Windwalker has quite a few sources of Nature damage.